(RepublicanWire.org) – Former first lady Melania Trump broke a weeks-long silence that began with news of former President Donald Trump’s indictment with a page straight out of her husband’s playbook in laying waste to corporate media practices like “unnamed sources.”
In the aftermath of the April 4 arraignment of Donald Trump, the absence of Melania had been notable and many had speculated that she was distancing herself due to the nature of the case and its relation to an alleged affair with adult film star Stormy Daniels.
However, a statement released Tuesday appeared to put those rumors to rest as the public was warned to mind unscrupulous reports with inaccurate claims. “News organizations have made assumptions about the former First Lady’s stance on subjects that are personal, professional, and political over the past few weeks. In these articles, unnamed sources are cited to bolster the author’s claims.”
The account for the Office of Melania Trump went on to state, “We ask readers to exercise caution and good judgment when determining whether or not stories concerning the former First Lady are accurate, particularly when they fail to cite Mrs. Trump as a source of information.”
When Trump had spoken from the Palm Beach, Florida residence nearly a week earlier following his arraignment, speculation had run rampant over why Melania was not publicly supporting her husband. As previously reported, People magazine had spoken to one of those unnamed sources who said, “They weren’t expecting [the indictment], but Melania will support him. That’s what she does. They are a family.”
Another had told the outlet, “She is aware of who her husband is and keeps her life upbeat with her own family and a few close friends.”